Why become a member? ×

My first attempt to build/assemble a bass guitar

mrbacco

13 hours ago, sandy_r said:

Hi Mr Bacco

I really appreciate what you have achieved here - you have given your guitar so much character!

Please consider one more suggestion (and maybe OCD can be outvoted?):

The Control plate and the Tailpiece are both on the body, and near each other - the machine heads are further away and on the headstock.  My (aging) senses tell me that there would be greater symmetry on the body hardware if the tailpiece was Brass and the bridge saddles were 'silver'  (to match 'silver' controls on the Brass Control plate)  Just an idea to consider...

In any case - Bravo!

(I've tried to Photoshop your photo to give an example)

MrBacco-Build-Tailpiece.jpg.ed77fdea3098efacb09831a2082bc756.jpg

Hello !! Thanks a million for the Bravo! I appreciate the bumps! Thanks.

Your suggestion made me think ... and yes it is a very "sexy" suggestion: I tried to keep the costs low, so I reused a lot of elements that I had in my small stock; more importantly there is a reason why the silver bridge instead of the brass one: again, sorry, OCD driven, but both the bridge and the head are the top and the bottom of the whole bass, so in my head, I have the same container color at the top and the bottom! Does this make sense? 

Anyways let me think. As I said your suggestion is super. I think I can spare 10 euros for a brass colored bridge to accompany with the silver coloured ! 

Thanks!!! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

These are genuinely good things. When we had the bathroom refitted there was a long time delay between the bathroom being complete and the final flooring being fitted, due to something called "Covid" if I recall.

I bought two packs of these to go on the hardboard floor. They are hard-wearing, easy to fit together, and warm underfoot. We rather missed them when the proper flooring went down. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrbacco said:

Hello !! Thanks a million for the Bravo! I appreciate the bumps! Thanks.

Your suggestion made me think ... and yes it is a very "sexy" suggestion: I tried to keep the costs low, so I reused a lot of elements that I had in my small stock; more importantly there is a reason why the silver bridge instead of the brass one: again, sorry, OCD driven, but both the bridge and the head are the top and the bottom of the whole bass, so in my head, I have the same container color at the top and the bottom! Does this make sense? 

Anyways let me think. As I said your suggestion is super. I think I can spare 10 euros for a brass colored bridge to accompany with the silver coloured ! 

Thanks!!! 🙂 

Ah ok - apologies - i thought you must already have the rest of the bridge from which the brass saddles came, and could try placing it alongside the existing one to compare.  No worries, it was just another possible design idea to consider

Good luck with project #2 ...I hope it goes as well as this one, your 'baptism into bassmaking'!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...