Why become a member? ×

Now only £1000!! Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones DJ-5 bass guitar, John East J pre-amp, Bartolini pickups and soft-case, immaculate condition 35" scale - *SOLD*
£1095
High Wycombe

BassedinBucks

For Sale in UK only: Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones DJ-5 bass guitar, 5 string, with John East J pre-amp, Bartolini pickups and soft-case, in immaculate condition. 35" scale

Price drop to only £1000!

Stunning Darryl Jones signature model Lakland bass in 5 strings and 35 inch scale. There is not a mark on it anywhere and it sounds superb. This bass is renowned for the quality of tone and sound from its B string.

Professionally fitted with a John East J pre-amp to convert it from passive to active, a massive upgrade on a superb bass. It also has upgraded Bartolini pickups fitted (the original passive control plate and pickups come with this guitar too). This bass is in pristine condition. 

The bass also has a white pearloid scratch plate in addition to the tortoiseshell one that is fitted - see photo. Comes with Dunlop strap studs fitted.

The gig-bag is well padded and protects it well. This bass weighs 4.1kg on my scales.

I am happy to post this in the UK only (I have a box it can go in) or you can come and try it and collect it in person. A courier within the UK will be £20 tracked (more if you want it insured).

PayPal Family and Friends accepted.

Any questions, please ask away!

20230313_155704.jpg

20230313_155724.jpg

20230313_155750.jpg

20230313_155803.jpg

20230313_155840.jpg

20230313_155859.jpg

20230313_155927.jpg

20230313_161512.jpg

20230313_161557.jpg

Edited by BassedinBucks
Price drop
  • Like 12

Bass player Ida Nielsen (Ida Funkhouser, Basida) who was the last bass player to be a part of Prince  P.G. & 3rdeyegirl used to play this exact model in the early days

You can check Ida & the bass on youtube

youtube          Bassida aka Funkhouser plays Huset in Aalborg, Denmark (2008)

youtube account      AlruneRod2811  

Skylines are the best if you dont wanna spend the big bucks & still get a super bass with tight B               What A Beauty 

Edited by potato bass
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2023 at 13:47, andybassdoyle said:

I keep looking at this. The 35 scale is keeping me at bay 

I find it hard to notice much difference between a 34" and 35", other than the low B sounds better. The most noticeable difference with a 5'er to me is the width of the fretboard to accommodate a fifth string, but I think I have small to medium hands! :)

• BassedinBucks changed the title to Now only £1000!! Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones DJ-5 bass guitar, John East J pre-amp, Bartolini pickups and soft-case, immaculate condition 35" scale
On 16/09/2023 at 00:17, Chadu25 said:

Beautiful bass! Hoping to get my bonus early and will definitely get this!!

Thanks for your interest! This is also advertised on an auction site and is getting a lot of interest and enquiries. This is a lot of bass for this money and in superb condition.

• BassedinBucks changed the title to * SOLD! * Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones DJ-5 bass guitar, John East J pre-amp, Bartolini pickups and soft-case, immaculate condition 35" scale