Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Little Giant 1000 (Nad)

0175westwood29

• 1 month later...

Still using my Little Giant 1000 as my main amp, with a Superfly 500 as backup.

They both work well with my two Yamaha 2 X 10" 4 ohm cabs and although the cabs are rated at only 250 watts RMS each, I've never had any problems with the Little Giant overpowering the cabs, as there's plenty of volume on tap without needing to take things to extremes. I just use my ears😋

By the way, I've never witnessed the built-in cooling fan on the Little Giant running other than briefly at startup, so my solution to the legendary heat generated by both these amps and keep them reliable (so far) has been to place them on top of a laptop computer cooling pad.  The fans in the cooling pad are illuminated too, which looks pretty cool and I just power the cooling pad from an old phone charger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krysbass said:

Still using my Little Giant 1000 as my main amp, with a Superfly 500 as backup.

They both work well with my two Yamaha 2 X 10" 4 ohm cabs and although the cabs are rated at only 250 watts RMS each, I've never had any problems with the Little Giant overpowering the cabs, as there's plenty of volume on tap without needing to take things to extremes. I just use my ears😋

By the way, I've never witnessed the built-in cooling fan on the Little Giant running other than briefly at startup, so my solution to the legendary heat generated by both these amps and keep them reliable (so far) has been to place them on top of a laptop computer cooling pad.  The fans in the cooling pad are illuminated too, which looks pretty cool and I just power the cooling pad from an old phone charger.

Same here with the fan