Why become a member? ×

1973 Gibson EB3 Bass. Offers? Price drop again!! - £1400.00 o.n.o - And yet again! £1300!!! - Last time - £1200... - *SOLD*
£1650
Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, UK

Leon C 2

Now £1500!!  - £1400 - £1300! or close offer!! £1200.00ovno. (This really is the last price drop, I'd rather keep it than give it away). This is a 1973 Gibson EB3 bass. It was originally cherry red but has faded to more of a walnut colour over the years. It plays and sounds really good, with a lovely neck, decent action, negligible fret wear and everything works as it should. At some point in the distant past, before my time, it sustained some damage around the jackplug area, which caused the cracking (see photo) (Possibly caused by someone tripping on the guitar lead?). However, this has been very robustly, (but maybe not very prettily?) repaired, is solid as a rock and has zero impact on the playability or sound. I have personally used this bass in major recording studios (e.g. Olympic, British Grove), and it delivers exactly the sound one would expect from this classic bass. There's a bit of buckle rash and a few dinks and scuffs, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a 50 year old instrument. This is a players bass, not a pristine museum piece. This model would normally sell for at least £2K and up, but with the aforementioned damage I'm pricing it down for a quick sale. I can ship within the UK, but I would recommend trying the bass first. If you're in the market for a vintage EB3 but not ready to shell out megabucks, this could be your answer. Reason for sale; I am a pro player who is approaching retirement and I've now decided to thin my collection down to just the few basses I use frequently. Please PM me if you have any questions. Cheers! P.S. Reasonable offers considered.

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

Edited by Leon C 2
Price drop
  • Like 13

• Leon C 2 changed the title to 1973 Gibson EB3 Bass. Offers? Price drop again!! - £1400.00 o.n.o

Fantastic looking bass!

Didn't Jimmy Lea from Slade play one until it got pinched?

That guy could really play..if you don't believe me have a listen to his bass solo on Dirty Joker from the Play it Loud album.

Apparently according to my daughter who plays grade 8 violin, it's based on a movement by Bach. Makes sense as Jimmy started off as a violinist.....l'll  get my coat..

• Like 2

• Leon C 2 changed the title to 1973 Gibson EB3 Bass. Offers? Price drop again!! - £1400.00 o.n.o - And yet again! £1300!!! - Last time - £1200...
  • 2 months later...
  • Leon C 2 changed the title to SOLD 1973 Gibson EB3 Bass. Offers? Price drop again!! - £1400.00 o.n.o - And yet again! £1300!!! - Last time - £1200...