Why become a member? ×

Wiring question

Geek99

Hi all 

please see 1.1.171 here http://www.ak-line.com/medium/Bassschaltungen.pdf and tell me

the capacitor that flows into a resistor, is there a right way to do this ? I imagine none of it should touch the shielding. Doesn’t the resistor or capacitor need to go a certain way around ? I vaguely recall one leg is shorter than the others though I may be thinking of transistors 

• Like 1

Resistors can go either way round. Only eletrolytic capacitors have a direction, but at 0.02uF you won't be using one of those.
One end of the 4.7k resistor is connected to ground, so it's no big deal if that end touches the shielding (since that should also be grounded). Heatshrink or insulating tape should do the trick if you're worried about bare wires elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/08/2023 at 08:25, BigRedX said:

No resistors in the wiring diagram that you posted. Just four switches one capacitor and two potentiometers. 

You may have been looking at the circuit at the top of the PDF doc, as it opens?

The circuit @Geek99 mentioned was No. 1.1.171, well down the document