Why become a member? ×

GONE! Ibanez Prestige SR3006 (MIJ 2003) with OHSC – FS only – PRICE DROP 950 shipped to UK
£1000
London

biro

It has come to this: I have reached the embarrassing milestone of eleven basses. Although I have been reliably advised that the problem lies in the odd numbers and that an addition would do just fine, I must not risk the "baker's dozen" slippery slope. Also, I live in London and therefore, by definition, in a small cupboard.

The premise being such, I have resorted to part ways with my beautiful 2003 Ibanez Prestige SR3006E (Ibanez Wiki Model Page). The bass is absolutely spectacular, in truly excellent condition for a 20 years old instrument. Not only that, but its frets were levelled by the nice folks at the Gallery in Camden, which means that you have buzz-free playing with a completely straight neck and a 1mm action at the 24th fret of the C string (and less than 2 on the B). I also personally replaced the parametric mid pot, which had become difficult to operated, with the correct original part. As to strings, it is currently sporting newish d'Addario EXL 170-6.

It is an engineering marvel in terms of ergonomics. It quite literally plays itself, weighs a very tolerable 4.4 kg (bathroom scale measurements), and it is of course perfectly balanced. The curved Bartolini pick ups (the same sported by current Prestige models) are also fantastic in that they can act as a ramp and add to the comfort. Tone wise, the three band EQ with parametric mids can make it into more or less anything you want. It can also get you that archetypal 90s fusion Bartolini tone, if that is what you're after. It sits in a mix beautifully and, as a solo instrument, it has a distinctive woody tone, with a nice airy quality to it. Essentially, it is the perfect six string bass—you just have not realised it yet.

The bass is currently sporting three fully reversible modifications: 

- Strap locks (you will get the originals strap pins as well)

- Massive golden knobs for volume and pan pot (you will also get the stock rubbery ones, but these are a game changer for volume swells)

- A sticker from my union on the electronics compartment—will be removed

The truss rod is not currently pictured because none of my basses travel with one. It is, of course, included. 

So, why am I selling it? Essentially, because I have another six string Ibanez from the 90s which I have modded to my liking, with EMGs and all that jazz, which I am more emotionally attached to.

Absolutely no trades—I beg you, I am vulnerable to GAS as is. 

Here are the specs:

Body type: Solid body

Body material: Mahogany

Neck joint: AANJ

Bridge: Mono-rail (16.5mm string spacing)

Knob style: Beehive (black)

Hardware color: Cosmo black

Neck type: SR6 Prestige

Neck material: 5-piece wenge/ bubinga

Scale length: 864mm / 34"

Fingerboard material: Wenge

Fingerboard inlays: Abalone ovals

Frets: 24 / medium

Nut: Graphtech Black TUSQ XL (54mm)

Machine heads: Gotoh

Bridge pickup: Bartolini® Custom SR6 passive bridge

Neck pickup: Bartolini® Custom SR6 passive neck

Electronics: 2001: Vari-Mid 3-Band
2002-2003: Vari-mid Hi Fi EQ (USA)
2002-2004: Vari-mid 3lc 3-band EQ

Controls: Volume, balance, treble boost/cut, bass boost/cut, mid range boost/cut, mid range frequency

Battery: 9V

Output jack: ¼" stereo barrel (angled face mount)

String gauge (factory): .032/.045/.065/.080/.100/.130

Factory tuning: 1C,2G,3D,4A,5E,6B (B Std.)

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3425.jpeg

IMG_3426.jpeg

IMG_3421.jpeg

IMG_3433.jpeg

IMG_3434.jpeg

Edited by biro
Price drop
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

• biro changed the title to GONE! Ibanez Prestige SR3006 (MIJ 2003) with OHSC – FS only – PRICE DROP 950 shipped to UK