Why become a member? ×

Mooer Bass Fog - struggling to get it to trigger

Rusco

I bought this for the few Muse tracks we do but I'm struggling to get it to trigger unless I really twang the strings hard.

I've tried active (Stingray, Tanglewater) and passive (P, J, BB) with no noticeable difference and tried the knobs in every conceivable combination.

It's after a Poly Tune mini 3 and Spectra comp in my chain and before a TC sub, TC chorus and S/A BDDI.

Its seems to get a lot of love for what it does and as a cheap Woolly Mammoth clone so assuming its user error rather than the pedal.

Before I dismantling the pedal board (it's tightly packed and tie wrapped) - I'd be interested to hear where people are placing this in their chain and the settings they use?

Many thanks! 🙂

I suspect being after the Spectracomp is flattening the peaks such that it won't trigger consistently. Try it without the comp engaged and then again with the comp volume boosted above your normal level (not sure what toneprint you're using but an easy fix in the app).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Those pedals are funny with what they're being fed. As above, it's most likely to do with your spectracomp. First in chain is probably best for these, although I struggled to make mine play with a few basses (all low end vanishing)... might be worth looking at the zvex mastotron as a pricier more functional alternative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies, that's very helpful.

I'd tried it with the Spectracomp off, which didn't seem to help, so will try it first in the chain before and then maybe after the Poly Tune and see how it gets on. 

Cheers.

• Like 1