Why become a member? ×

NAD Genzler Magellan 350

BillyBass

I saw this on eBay and thought I'd put in a cheeky offer, it was accepted and now I'm the proud owner of a Genzler Magellan 350 head.

My first impressions are very positive.  The EQ is quite versatile, there is a semi parametric mids section and a couple of contours: a mid scoop and a bass/low mid bump.  I've been using the second contour at about 1 or 2 o'clock and leaving the EQ flat; sounds quite nice too.

I will predominantly use this as a home practice amp but I might try it out at a gig.  I doubt it will replace my GK Legacy though.

Another plus is that it can take a total impedance of 2.67 ohms, so three 8 ohm cabs would be handled well.

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Another plus is that it can take a total impedance of 2.67 ohms, so three 8 ohm cabs would be handled well.

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

Seems like a good reason to get another one of those lovely Barefaced cabs methinks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Seems like a good reason to get another one of those lovely Barefaced cabs methinks

That would be a tidy little rig wouldn't it!  With the top cab getting close to my ears.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1

On 23/07/2023 at 14:48, BassAdder60 said:

I’ve been tempted to get the 800w version ! 

I need the 2.67ohms option which works great with my TH700 

You don't see the 800w version up for sale 2nd hand that often.  Unless you are buying new you might wait a while.

I've followed your head trials on here and I think we like different sounds, however, you might get on with the Genzler.  The two contours bring a bit of variety to a relatively clean tone.  It certainly isn't anything like an SVT, tonally.  But its not a Gallien Krueger either.

Edited by BillyBass
  • Like 1