Why become a member? ×

Finding replacement female singers

BassAdder60

100% top most greaterist musician person I was in a band with was a young woman. She was superb. Fantastic voice. Memorised all her parts, vocals and rhythm guitar. She was brilliant. 

A band after that had 3 young female singers. All as mad as a box of frogs and excellent singers.

I was in an originals band with 2 brothers, and we auditioned a young female singer. I thought she was very good. They thought she was awful because wasn't coming up with lyrics or melodies they wanted. They hadn't told her what they were looking for, hadn't written any lyrics etc themselves. I suggested that if they'd wanted a mind reader they should have said so in the ad. I was kicked out for that comment. 

• Like 2

Easily the most accomplished musician in our covers band is our female lead singer. She's a music grad with voice being her main instrument, musical theatre trained, grade 8 piano. A really lovely person to boot and super committed and hardworking. It's a privilege for us to have crossed paths with her, and I'm very grateful that she puts up with the rest of us relatively amateur blokes in the band! 

I'm sure there are equally talented and trained male lead vocalists out there. I don't think the comments about what sex or gender someone has are the least bit relevant; it's about individuals and what they bring to the party. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 4