Why become a member? ×

Meris Midi Cable build request (if doable!!)

Kev

14 hours ago, Kev said:

EDIT: Neural have confirmed it's the QC, it can't send messages from midi through DIN.

This is what I have discovered. The problem is that MIDI over USB isn't really MIDI at all, but simply a data stream that transmits MIDI-type messages. It doesn't appear to be designed to be networkable beyond the host device and the controlled device. 

So, in classic Basschat advice thread tradition, I went against the advice to not try and seek out a usb to midi interface cable 😂

I went with an ESI Midimate EX (so not a dodgy sub £10 chinese jobbie but still cheap at ~£22) and it works perfectly.  Sysex going both ways, no glitchyness so far!

So, a bit of a far cry from the highly optimistic OP, but I am now able to fully program the pedal both ways with the PC editor and with the Quad Cortex, with a tiny form factor (basically just a lead) interface connected to the QC (in) and the Meris I/O (out).  All I need to do is switch the midi out/thru setting on the QC, depending on if its the editor or QC I want to send messages.  Really happy with the whole outcome.

Thanks for the help all!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kev said:

I went with an ESI Midimate EX (so not a dodgy sub £10 chinese jobbie but still cheap at ~£22) and it works perfectly.  Sysex going both ways, no glitchyness so far!

Thanks for the recommendation. I bought a slightly cheaper (£16) version and while it works most of the time, eventually if I try and pass a lot of MIDI data through it will lock up and needs unplugging to reset (as well as power cycling the MIDI device it's attached to). If I decide to try running my Linn Adrenalinn again I'll try this instead.

• Like 1