Why become a member? ×

Boss WL-50

BassAdder60

I had used the WL-20 a couple of years ago but decided to sell them ( idiot ) 

Now I’m using a pedalboard I thought the WL-50 would make sense.

If money was no object I would of got the new Shure system but that’s serious money.

My cheap Lekato definitely distorted the signal slightly so I’m pleased to hear the WL-50 is decent. 

I have a tendency to stand on my lead when gigging and or find it wrapped around my leg !! 

Looking forward to popping it on my board and powering it from my isolated power supply 

Well .. it’s arrived and it’s on my board and quickly tested 

Sounds good without any tone suck or wireless distortion and nice and neat design 

So far I’ve learnt not to push the WL-T fully home when not using ( runs battery down ) and keep a cable nearby just in case !! 

Edited by BassAdder60

On 14/07/2023 at 11:28, BassAdder60 said:

Well .. it’s arrived and it’s on my board and quickly tested 

Sounds good without any tone suck or wireless distortion and nice and neat design 

So far I’ve learnt not to push the WL-T fully home when not using ( runs battery down ) and keep a cable nearby just in case !! 

I've had mine quite a while now, some learnings to share...

If others in your band use the same system then it's important you don't rush connecting the bug to the base unit. Wait for the bass unit to show the green light. In some venues this can take what seems like an age but if you rush you'll crossover with your bandmates and have bass coming through their guitar amps.

To recharge it don't rely on the base unit. Use a mains plug into the little usb thing, far more effective. Learned from painful experience. 

Be careful when setting your bass down into a stand with the bug still attached. 

Enjoy the freedom of not having a cable.

• Like 1