Why become a member? ×

Fender Cabronita bass *more trades added and big price drop* - *SOLD*
£630
Bolton

Pow_22

Fender Cabronita Bass – Made in Mexico and dates to May 2014 according to the serial.

This one has been modded by myself to match the specs of the Limited Edition Borrocha and Porazzo versions in that I have upgraded the pickup to a TV Jones Supertron which gives a much improved string balance with the blade construction rather than the individual pole pieces.  At the same time as this I took the opportunity to upgrade the wiring to a KioGon harness but swapping the usual cabronita .22 cap for a standard .47 cap to give a smoother, warmer tone.

I’ve also swapped out the Fender badass copy bridge to a semi spiral bridge giving a more vintage vibe and again more akin to the ltd editions versions.  This matches the bridge that comes on the ltd edition ones too.

Ive had both the squier and the fender version and the neck on the fender is far superior, a real nice vintage type neck with a nice solid depth to it.  The previous owner on this one took the laquer off the back of the neck to give a smooth played in feel.  Furthemore the Fender version comes with the vintage style reverse tuners.

I have fitted flatwounds to this which gives an awesome beefy growl of a tone.  These basses are certainly ‘hotter’ that standard P basses and have a more grainy/growly tone especially through a nice valve amp.

Collection would be from Bolton or can travel within reasonable distance for a basschat style meetup

Trades/part ex -

* Fender jaguar modern player (black/white/maple black block long scale one)

* Yamaha BB434 in black

* Squier 77 jazz bass (black/maple/white blocks

* an Ampeg SVT Tube DI would be really handy right now!

Cash sale preferred but just throwing it out there

IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4812.jpeg

IMG_4813.jpeg

IMG_4814.jpeg

IMG_4815.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4817.jpeg

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 23

• Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Cabronita bass *more trades added*

Price drop to £575 due to ebay pricing.  Also i am visiting Sheffield on Wednesday this week and then Walsall/Birmingham next Thursday if that helps anyone who may be interested but struggling with distance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2023 at 11:02, Pow_22 said:

I have fitted flatwounds to this which gives an awesome beefy growl of a tone.  These basses are certainly ‘hotter’ that standard P basses and have a more grainy/growly tone especially through a nice valve amp.

Any sound clips? I’m after something grainy/growly almost fuzz but not. Hard to put into words. 

56 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Any sound clips? I’m after something grainy/growly almost fuzz but not. Hard to put into words. 

Sure, ill bring my orange bass terror home from the studio tonight and lay something down

• Like 1

I built myself a copy of this bass with a Telecaster (guitar) body shape and the same pickup. That pickup alone is (was?) around $200 alone. And it sounds amazing in mine. I play hard rock/metal and it blows your head of whether played clean or with distortions/fuzzes.

I have no relationship or know Pow_22 at all, just saying that I'm pretty sure that that bass is a banger and I'd be in trouble if I didn't have one already 😄

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Cabronita bass *more trades added and big price drop*
  • Pow_22 changed the title to Fender Cabronita bass *SOLD*