Why become a member? ×

ACG Skelf R-Type 5 string (priced to go!) - *WITHDRAWN*
£1300
Bury, north Manchester

Descendent

**priced to go - now £1100**

I’m selling my ACG Skelf, acquired from here last year. I’m a bit obsessed with ACGs and this is one of the best I’ve ever played. It’s beautiful bass, well balanced, has a low action and plays like a dream. I'm loathe to let this go as it's a pretty wonderful bass but there's something specific I have my eye on.

Body wood – black limba

Top wood – curly redwood

Neck – lightly asymmetric, maple/wenge/padauk

Fingerboard – acrylic impregnated wenge

Pickups – ACG overwound single (neck) ACG humbucker (bridge), both have toggles for splitting

Electronics – ACG/East SEQ+ preamp. Essentially a powerful tone control for each pickup plus a global treble control for adding extra bite (think Wal or Stingray)

Hardware – Hipshot, Dunlop strap pins

Weight – 8.8lbs

Scale length – 34"

I don’t have a case but I’m willing to ship (GB only) and I have super sturdy double-walled box and a ton of wrap so it’s very do-able. Collection always welcome too.

Any questions just drop me a PM. I'd be interested in trades for a 4 stringer, especially a Warwick neck through of some sort. I would say trade value would be more but open to discussion. Ordering a new one to this spec would set you back £3000+ so it's a bit of a bargain!

ACG Skelf_1.jpg

ACG Skelf_2.jpg

ACG Skelf_3.jpg

ACG Skelf_4.jpg

ACG Skelf_5.jpg

ACG Skelf_6.jpg

ACG Skelf_7.jpg

ACG Skelf_8.jpg

ACG Skelf_9.jpg

Edited by Descendent
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, ped said:

I really like that shape

Me too. If you photograph it wrong it can look a bit idiosyncratic but there are certain angles which really make it look great. Hopefully the above is one of those, haha.

• Like 1

Out of my price range at the moment, but I don’t understand this bit of the spec:

”Pickups – ACG overwound single (neck) ACG humbucker (bridge), both have toggles for splitting”

How does the toggle on the single coil work? Or is it a narrow double coil, or maybe something else? 

4 minutes ago, playbass said:

Out of my price range at the moment, but I don’t understand this bit of the spec:

”Pickups – ACG overwound single (neck) ACG humbucker (bridge), both have toggles for splitting”

How does the toggle on the single coil work? Or is it a narrow double coil, or maybe something else? 

The neck single coil is overwound so it's fairly aggressive tonally, the switch is a coil tap which knocks it back to make it smoother and mellower. Does that make more sense?

• Like 2

• Descendent changed the title to ACG Skelf R-Type 5 string *WITHDRAWN*