Why become a member? ×

Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Many Mods - *SOLD*
£800
Belfast

pilotbicycles

For sale is a delightful and deeply modded Fender Jaguar Bass CIJ.

£750 

Can facilitate local pickup in Belfast, and can also arrange delivery/courier - likely another £50-£70. Let me know address so I can arrange a quote. 

This bass plays like a dream, and has a huge range of tonal options available.

Firstly, the active electronics are long gone, and the controls on the upper horn are currently disconnected (perfect "producer" switch and knobs for the Lee Solar fans out there!).

I have also installed a fleet of Nordstrand pickups: a pair of 51J4S pickups in the 70's jazz bass pickup positions, and a Nordenbocker at the neck.

These are attached to the three switches which follow a MusicMan Big Al style switching: when all three pickups are off/down then you have the two 51J4S pickups in parallel for huge punchy tones (I usually live here), you can then engage the other pickups by switching up/on for each pickup - you then only have the pickups that are "on" passing signal. So you can have any combina6ion of the 3 pickups solo or together in parallel.

The 51J4S pickups capture the 51 single coil P bass pickup vibe, sort of like a woodier J pickup, with a certain bark and top end openness that I love. They are also setup as hum bucking split coils for zero noise.

The neck pickup is Nordstrand's take on a Rickenbacker pickup, and it sounds wonderful. Rich, deep, and "plummy". It sounds great on it's own, and I most regularly find myself switching between this pickup solo, or the two jazz pickups in series, which only requires the movement of one switch.

Combining the neck with other pickups opens up some very interesting sounds, that to me recall some classic 60s tones - think Serge Gainsbourg, and burns style basses.

I alos have a chepa Humbucking Rickenbacker Toaster style pickup which I will throw in, in case some want s a full humbucking pickup setup.

Worth noting that I originally had a Fender WRHB style pickup in the neck, and as such there is a bit of a "swimming-pool" route under the pickup, which would let you look at installing a Bi-Sonic or mud bucker style pickup at the neck for those that enjoy tinkering and modding.

I have the bass strung up with Fender Flats which compliment everything perfectly for me, though chuck some rounds on the bass and it will snarl and grow like the beast it is!

There is a Hispshot D-Tuner for easy access to drop tunings, and a sleek custom Black pick guard - I also have a yellow/black "wildcat" pick guard I will include in the sale.

Lastly, I upgraded the bridge to Fender's hi mass type, which really helped open up the voice of this bass. I will include the original vintage style bridge in the sale.

This bass has served me incredibly well in numerous studio recordings, and for years touring the world. I am hoping it finds a fun new life in a new home.

It bears a few marks, and dings which I will try and capture better with photos.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want any more photos.

I will try and arrange a video too, to show the switching and tonal options.

I will include a fender gig bag with the sale.

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

Edited by pilotbicycles
  • Like 7

• pilotbicycles changed the title to Fender CIJ Jaguar Bass - Many Mods *SOLD