Why become a member? ×

P Pickup - Are These Anything Special?

PaulThePlug

P Pup and loom removed from a Squier Affinity P, made in Indonesia Sept '04...

Are these std jobbies? Just look a little different being full potted instead of loose cover, and with the pole pieces extending between to strips of magnet rather than 1 piece magnet across the bottom of flush pole ends.

Dismantled the Bass before giving em a go, as the bass only had 2 strings, and i had a Kent Armstrong PBV waiting.

Any thoughts?

SPpupF.thumb.jpg.71fb8d0bb3f69f95a474cac2809940c8.jpgSPpupR.thumb.jpg.189e7ed367f2726a92ece427994d6ce5.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug

Hard to say! I should have said "the ones that came in my Squier originally" as I have replaced them.

My Squier was my first bass and, as my tastes developed a little bit, I started to notice the inherent noise in the signal. In one fell swoop it got new shielding, a new loom and the pickup from my MIA P (which didn't need it as it has a DiMarzio Will Power). I think the pickup was probably fine (and if you want a quote for your for sale ad feel free to use that one! :D )and I think the problem was the shielding, but I was tearing the thing apart anyway, and I had the MIA pickup right there...

Edited by Jack
  • Thanks 1