Why become a member? ×

Small, cheap, aux in pedal?

Paolo85

Hi all, do you know what is the cheapest and smallest pedal I can get for aux in, and only that (ok if it does more but likely I am not interested and does not make it worth more money).

I would like to use a looper to (temporarily) record myself when I play along with songs and see how bad it was. At the moment I have three pedals: looper -> Behringer BDI21 (no aux in, no stereo out) -> Zoom B1 4 -> headphones

The Zoom does not do anything, just sends the dry signal out, but has to be at the end of the chain because of the stereo out. But annoyingly it is also the only pedal with aux in, so if I play along with a song, the looper records my bass but not the song. I'd like to put something with aux in that is small and supercheap before the looper. Not interested in solutions than involve laptops

Thanks

EDIT: obviously, if the pedal does something else as well, I must be able to bypass that and still get the aux in!

Edited by Paolo85

Thanks! They both would do the job! The Yamaha admittedly well above my budget and I was hoping something even cheaper than the mixer although that could be ok in absence of alternatives. The audio comes from my phone so I was also hoping something with 3.5mm jack

...I am open to odd ideas (eg buying another Zoom just for the aux in, echept a cheaper smaller pedal!)

55 minutes ago, Paolo85 said:

Thanks! They both would do the job! The Yamaha admittedly well above my budget and I was hoping something even cheaper than the mixer although that could be ok in absence of alternatives. The audio comes from my phone so I was also hoping something with 3.5mm jack

...I am open to odd ideas (eg buying another Zoom just for the aux in, echept a cheaper smaller pedal!)

What about an interface to your phone?
E.g.
https://zoomcorp.com/en/gb/audio-interface/audio-interfaces/u-22/

So now your bass is on your phone, you use GarageBand app etc on your phone to play the backing track + record yourself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

Change the problem. 

If you put the looper after the Zoom instead, then you don't need an aux in pedal, you need a headphone amp. 

That's a very good point. I ended up thinking along those lines actually. The way I had it planned was plain stupid as with the Behringer after the aux in I guess the pedal would end up colouring the song I play along with as well. To be honest I do have a practice amp with headphones oit so I am temporarily using that as headphone amp. Just I am not 100% happy the practice amp is not transparent, and also I keep it in a corner of the living room I would rather not be stuck to.

So yes, I am now looking for a headphone amp. I was considering a TC electronics amp. It's not cheap nor small, but then it could at some point be used as an actual amp... but that's GAS talking!