Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM600

pbasspecial

So usually I run a pedal board before my amp. I have tuner - comp - oct - drive - phaser - OE super vintage - ABM 600. 
However as an experiment last night I decided to run clean straight into the amp and now seriously wonder why I have a £1000 worth of pedals when it sounds amazing just on its own! 
😢😂

Edited by pbasspecial
  • Like 3

Definitely, in my last band to have consistency in sound I used a Sansamp with my ABM600 (or whatever other rig I was playing through) all the time, it was only in my current classic rock band that I really used the ABM600 on its own and was knocked out by how good it is. Sadly I’ve had to move mine on now but it will I’m sure forever be my favourite amp. I just wish Ashdown would do an ABM preamp-pedal/DI.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Definitely, in my last band to have consistency in sound I used a Sansamp with my ABM600 (or whatever other rig I was playing through) all the time, it was only in my current classic rock band that I really used the ABM600 on its own and was knocked out by how good it is. Sadly I’ve had to move mine on now but it will I’m sure forever be my favourite amp. I just wish Ashdown would do an ABM preamp-pedal/DI.

I think the OriginAL pedal is close but it is very over priced for what it is. 

Like you said a true ABM front end pedal with the same EQ and shape and sub / drive with Di would be a clear winner. 

• Like 1

I keep thinking about selling my ABM600 as it’s not used at all since the TH700 arrived 

However when I try it I’m reminded how great it is. 

I was recently considering the TE1200 too but decided against it as again it would be hard pressed to beat the TH700 and everything it does so well 

On 10/06/2023 at 13:14, pbasspecial said:

So usually I run a pedal board before my amp. I have tuner - comp - oct - drive - phaser - OE super vintage - ABM 600. 
However as an experiment last night I decided to run clean straight into the amp and now seriously wonder why I have a £1000 worth of pedals when it sounds amazing just on its own! 
😢😂

Interesting, I've not run mine full bore without a compressor in front of it. Might give it a try at the next gig! I suspect I can probably do without the compressor for most of our set.

• Like 1

I think the comp before the ABM gives it a shot of caffeine but I was just interested as an experiment. Have 3 gigs this week so will continue to experiment but I think I’m am about to offload a lot of decent pedals very soon. Undoubtedly I’ll probably buy a new load in the upcoming months once GAS re-strikes! 

• Like 1