Why become a member? ×

NBD: Clement Fretless Jon 5!!

Raj_Shredder

I picked this one up off of Reverb yesterday. It arrived today and only needed a bit of adjusting. I’m super impressed by how nicely it plays. Mwah for days. The Nordstrand electronics are about as versatile as they get. This is my first Clement bass and I am very impressed. Great craftsmanship. 👍🏻IMG_5295.thumb.jpeg.d725d1293c483ed2a8c041d633302f04.jpegIMG_5296.thumb.jpeg.c7dc831387bb26d47cfe6cde8d171b41.jpegIMG_5294.thumb.jpeg.1e61ac5c90e5b395816873512dddf446.jpeg

Nordstrand Dual Coils

Nordstrand 3b-5b Pre

Series/Parallel/Single Coil Switches

Hipshot Hardware

Mahogany Body

Spalted Maple Top

5 Piece Neck of Maple and ???

Lined Ebony Board 

Edited by Raj_Shredder
Typos
  • Like 9

39 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

I’m curious, is there any point in having the body extend to the 12th in that way? Does it improve sustain or something? It must add considerably to the weight of the instrument.

I’ve owned many single cut basses and I really like them, but I know they aren’t for everyone and I’m okay with that. The bass balances extremely well and I really like the tone and playability. I don’t find it to be heavy. It might be a bit over nine pounds. The aesthetics are fine with me too. So, I’m happy with it. 👍🏻

• Like 1

On 09/06/2023 at 03:22, pn_day said:

Nice! I have had a Clement Anne 5 string fretless (semi-chambered) for years and love it. 

It's a much better instrument than I can do justice to, but I enjoy it every time I pick it up.

Enjoy the Florida beauty!

Phil

That’s a beauty!! I really am quite happy with mine. I’m finally getting a chance to put some rounds on it today. It came with tapewounds on it which sound and feel great, but I’m definitely not impressed enough to make the change. 

im definitely very happy with this bass. 

Edited by Raj_Shredder