Why become a member? ×

FS: Seymour duncan guitar pups. REDUCED! £60 shipped!

[quote name='Golchen' post='486425' date='May 12 2009, 09:49 PM']Just checked, and if anyone doesn't know they are high output humbuckers.

I'm more into single coil pups these days ....

RR5, is that a Jackson Randy Rhoads?[/quote]

Yup :)

I am not sure how in love with it i am at the moment, its the ivory/gold one. Who knows i may put it up for sale sometime :rolleyes:

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='488335' date='May 14 2009, 10:57 PM']Open coils or covers? Did you try them out before you put the EMGs in? I'm just interested to know what they sound like as most of the stuff I've read recommends them both for use in the bridge position paired with an SH-2[/quote]

Yes of course i tried them out before putting the emgs in, although they are high gain pups, they dont seem to like heavy downtuning much (Tuned down to :) Whereas the EMGs love downtuned stuff.

The TB-4 is actually the correct pup for the bridge position, but i didnt realise it.

They are open coils.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='488500' date='May 15 2009, 08:55 AM']You'd be surprised at how many people I know who have bought a guitar and had a set of pickups dropped straight in without ever playing the thing first - usually for EMGs. No reflection on yourself naturally, but me mind boggles.[/quote]

Yeah, Admittedly i had the intention upon buying it to fit EMG's as i love the sound of EMGS that only EMG's could do.

But i did give the SD's a good 3 week trial and decided they werent for me, Nothing wrong with them, but not for me!

So i got a set of Zakk Wylde EMG's put in and couldnt be happier :) ( Until i can sort out the 18volt mod)