Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX 6JM - John Myung Signature
£800
Faversham, Kent

Grav

Reluctant listing of my Yamaha John  Myung RBX 6-String.

£800 including DPD postage (UK only please). Offers welcome, only trades would be for Ibanez multiscale headless 5/6-strings as that's what I'm raising the money for.

I have owned it from new though very rarely play it anymore and I feel it's time for it to move on. I bought it new in, I believe, 2003. Always loved this bass and love that it's a bit different, one thing I always feel the need to point out is that the infinity inlay crosses over at the 13th fret whereas you would expect it to cross at the 12th.

Plays and sounds great, all works and has had new strings not too long ago (Ernie Ball Slinkys). Volume pot works fine though has become very loose (as in the turn action does not have the expected resistance).

Condition is good for a 20 year old instrument, some mild scuffs  and dings all very small and hard to show in pictures. Gold hardware has the expected tarnishing. Has Schaller strap locks, I do not have the originals anymore I'm afraid.

To pre-empt the inevitable question - weight wise it's either the heaviest bass you've ever played or at least top 3 (I will try to weigh it when I can, I do not own scales)

The bass does not have a gig bag or case though I have an old guitar case and plenty of decent packaging to have it fit for posting.

Please throw me any questions, and anyone who wants to make the trip to Faversham is welcome to try it out.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

m6.jpg

Edited by Grav
  • Like 5

• Grav changed the title to Yamaha RBX 6JM - John Myung Signature

Super rare currently. Looks like a minter too.

These basses have the same pickups and EQ as a TRB, just the only difference is the pickups are slightly closer to the bridge giving a more focused sound.

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1