Why become a member? ×

Jazz Bass newbie

BassAdder60

So … having purchased my first Jazz bass I’m looking for hopefully a good result with my rock band …

Using my PBass with fingers ( I have finger technique that produces a soft warm sound ) I always felt my tone was very deep and heavy low mids but lacked definition 

Played with a pick was better for definition but lacked depth. 

I’m hoping the Jazz bass with add better definition with more high mids played finger style 

Fingers crossed hey !! 

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

So … having purchased my first Jazz bass I’m looking for hopefully a good result with my rock band …

Using my PBass with fingers ( I have finger technique that produces a soft warm sound ) I always felt my tone was very deep and heavy low mids but lacked definition 

Played with a pick was better for definition but lacked depth. 

I’m hoping the Jazz bass with add better definition with more high mids played finger style 

Fingers crossed hey !! 

Good luck with your new acquisition. Try slightly panned to the bridge pup and see how near this gets you to your tone. Best Snrk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me I raise the bridge pup slightly higher and take the neck pup slightly lower than Fender spec and play with both pups and tone full on. 

Drop the mids slightly and lose the treble on your amp and adjust the bass and volume to suit.

There she is.