Why become a member? ×

Car wheel balance weights to balance bass

Paolo85

On 17/05/2023 at 08:24, Paolo85 said:

It seems this thing of the weights on the back of the bass is not a huge success 😁

Well, really I was just trying to score some funny points at your expense. :crazy:

On a more serious note I actually think the car wheel balance weights seems like a really brilliant solution. :i-m_so_happy:

So much that I will definitely be looking into where to get such and likely try it out on a slightly neck heavy (or rather unusually light weight body) bass of mine.

Even if personally I would probably fit the weights inside the control cavity, rather than outside to the back of the body.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Well, really I was just trying to score some funny points at you expense. :crazy:

On a more serious note I actually think the car wheel balance weights seems like a really brilliant solution. :i-m_so_happy:

So much that I will definitely be looking into where to get such and likely try it out on a slightly neck heavy (or rather unusually light weight body) bass of mine.

Even if personally I would properly fit the weights inside the control cavity, rather than outside on the back of the body.

Glad it helped. It's not an idea of mine actually! Somebody mentioned it in another forum. I bought a hundred or so of these 5gr weighs on Amazon for 8-9 pounds

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paolo85 said:

Glad it helped. It's not an idea of mine actually! Somebody mentioned it in another forum. I bought a hundred or so of these 5gr weighs on Amazon for 8-9 pounds

You should have kept that bit quiet, then you could have sold them in pairs on here as ‘tone weights’ 

and made a fortune.😆

• Haha 2