Why become a member? ×

Line 6 m series multi effects

Waddycall

My line 6 bass pod  has died. I have a small pedalboard I’ve put together recently but I’m not that thrilled with it and it’s a mess. I’ve been looking around at available multi effects units and there seem to be a few second hand line 6 m series out there. 

Would be good to hear others experience of them on bass. I’m mainly interested in compression, chorus, reverb and octave effects. I don’t want a unit with amp or cab sim and think I would actually prefer one without. I think the cost of a decent compressor and reverb pedal would be getting on for £200 and I’m not too keen on my chorus as it it’s noisy so please don’t suggest separate pedals.

anyway thoughts appreciated.

cheers

I have an HXFX that covers most of my covers band work, chorus, compression and reverb are all good.    However I do think the one thing Line 6 haven't quite got right yet is their Octavers - I'm not a fan and have an OC5 that use if I really need to play below A.  Also the synths aren't great without a lot of tweaking for me.

That said I haven't tried updating the software recently and they are constantly making improvements!

• Like 1