Why become a member? ×

So for those of you who got such a thing post your main bass at the moment, eventual including a bit of blabber about it. (I have done a search for a similar topic, even trying out several different possible search parameters, but with zero results, please do correct me if I am wrong)

My main instrument of choice, on/off, for quite a while, like the last past 12 years or so, has been my beloved, just 28.6" scale length, Ibanez Mikro Bass, for a long time now tuned in F# standard tuning, that is 2 half steps above regular 4 string bass E standard tuning, strung with Elixir Nanoweb guitar strings of the gauges .080 - .062 - .046 - .036 (threaded through the cut off ball ends of old bass string to not fall through the bridge string mounting holes).

It started out as a regular stock Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass, produced in China December 2010, equipped with an outstanding maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and as good as perfect fretwork from stock, later that neck though was transplanted to an unusually light Mahogany body of a 2017 Indonesian production GSRM20B Mikro Bass in Weathered Black finish, as well as the stock P and J pickup was pulled out, the J cavity filled out with a folded piece of black cardboard and the P pickup replaced for an EMG Geezer Butler P, wired directly to the output jack socket.

Other mods done to it:

- The stock barrel type output jack socket was pulled out and replaced for a regular front mounted one, installed in the redundant tone pot hole.

- The stock pot knobs of the 2 remaining, but not actually wired up to anything, volume pots was replaced with transparent and black PRS lampshade knobs, and cut to size and shape strips of respectively green and red electrical tape (also known insulating tape) was applied to the top of them.

- Strips of red electrical tape was applied to the top of the P pickup.

- A Jack Skellington (character from Tim Burton's animated movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas") skull sticker was applied on the body above the bridge.

Respectively the most recent shot of my beloved Ibanez GSRM20 neck + GSRM20B body Mikro Bass, named "Dud Bottomfeeder", equipped with an EMG Geezer Butler P pickup, and a bit older but much better shot:

image.thumb.png.6a5ba913f312fd7f0f0e6a337b1bc7e1.pngimage.thumb.png.5d4adbea500d0531d8be30cb3884e7b4.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

• 2 weeks later...

20210222_083508.thumb.jpg.8f85b8b2c66aeb9ea086d696493a3a4c.jpg

The red 5 string Brawley on the left, the only bass I play.  The 4 string was the first bass I owned, now on permanent loan to my son since I bought the 5.

The 5 is nicknamed "Queen Elizabeth ", as it has a fretboard like an aircraft carrier, and weighs about the same. (Actually only 3.8kg, but a lot more than the 4).

They are both 35" and the same size, but I only had one stand when I took this.

• Like 1