Why become a member? ×

Chowny SWB fretless (unlined) - *SOLD*
£280
Bristol

TheRev

I've had this lovely little bass for about three years, but with three 'big fretless' basses in the house, I'm just not playing it enough and it's time for it to go to a new home. 

It's short scale (30"), passive & green!

Everything works as it should, the neck is straight, no dents or major blemishes anywhere.  The passive tone controls (V/T + pickup selector) are the best I've encountered and actually do stuff to the sound as you turn them, rather than the usual everything happens in the last 1/8th of the pot travel.   The fingerboard is unlined, with side position markers and it's currently strung with roundwounds.

I'd say it's definitely green, but Mrs Rev says turquoise - either way, the photos are an accurate representation of the colour.

Comes with a padded gig bag.

I can record sound samples if anyone wants them.

I'd prefer collection or local-ish meet up (I'm in Dorset quite a lot...) but a courier can be arranged at additional cost.  

These really are well-built basses and I've tried to find a reason to keep it, but I'm 100% on double bass these days and that's unlikely to change any time soon.

Churrz!

Dave

PXL_20221113_120959007.jpg

PXL_20221113_121002337.jpg

PXL_20221113_121009576.jpg

PXL_20221113_121015631.jpg

PXL_20221113_121022500.jpg

PXL_20221113_121035384.jpg

PXL_20221113_121049862.jpg

Edited by TheRev
Bass now sold
  • Like 9

12 hours ago, dmckee said:

What’s the weight and how’s the balance on a strap? 

Weight is about 8.5lbs, according to the Chowny website.

It tends to want to hang horizontal, a grippy strap definitely helps keep it at my preferred playing angle.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TheRev said:

Weight is about 8.5lbs, according to the Chowny website.

It tends to want to hang horizontal, a grippy strap definitely helps keep it at my preferred playing angle.

48 minutes ago, TheRev said:

Sale agreed with 3below, but I'll keep the listing open until money & bass are exchanged.

Dave

My other SWB-1 had the same tendency, fixed with a grippy strap and some Hipshots (via BC).  Exchange date agreed, just need to wait for the days to roll on.  I have been looking for a fretless SWB-1 for quite a long while, so I am really looking forward to the nbd :)

Edited by 3below

• 2 weeks later...
  • TheRev changed the title to SOLD Chowny SWB fretless (unlined)