Why become a member? ×

Basslab Standard VI - my wish to track it down

Chris2112

A few years ago a very cool blue Basslab Standard VI was traded through the Basschat. I looked at it at the time and gave serious thought to buying it although I didn't go ahead then (much to my regret). 

It was first listed in 2014 by a seller in France and I believe it came to the UK after that. It was last listed in 2018 (I think, it doesn't feel like that long ago but according to Google, maybe it was). I believe the Basschat user that last listed it was in Glasgow and it was traded off. I've seen a message to the seller, @Djooh, but he hasn't been on the site for a couple of years. 

It's fair to say with Basschat that they're not to everyone's taste but they certainly suit mine and I'd like to track this one down to put it alongside my L-Bow 5. With it being a unique and highly distinctive instrument I thought someone might recognise it or have an idea where it ended up. 

basslab-std-vi-1627755.thumb.jpg.18ddd9072e1266e04e13c14c4daf269a (1).jpg

basslab-std-vi-1627756.thumb.jpg.f1d6ff80753a5a71a6e307f0245b917e (1).jpg

I've since spoke to a previous owner who confirms it was traded in France and then believed to have been sold again, so I'll consider it effectively off the radar now with no active leads. 

As it happens, someone had tagged the builder, Heiko Hoepfinger, in one of my Facebook posts. He has advised me that he'll let me know if it surfaces (I've previously bought a used Basslab instrument through him and would do so again). 

• Like 2