Why become a member? ×

EHX Green Russians

ped

I recently got a tall font Big Muff to complete my Green Russian set of EHX pedals. I have rarely seen one in such good condition without the paint flaking off, complete with battery hatch and rubber feet. It has the original case which was switched to simpler folded steel box. It's hand numbered inside which is quite rare. 

It has a really full bottom and and smoother drive than usual. Compared to my Sovtek Deluxe the drive is less fizzy and doesn't really do subtle. Honestly I think the Sovtek Deluxe is a better pedal but I really wanted the original tall font muff in my collection. 

The only other pedal they did in the green box was the Electric Mistress but apparently only 5 of those were made as prototypes that never went into production.

Probably the rarest of all is my Bassballs - again, a handful were made. I love the sound of this pedal and use it a lot. With the sensitivity down it does a great synthy sound which breaks up really nicely when you dig in. It sounds really different from the USA version which is more metallic or something.

Anyway here are some pics :)

IMG_5184.jpeg

IMG_5183.jpeg

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5186.jpeg

IMG_5187.jpeg

IMG_5188.jpeg

IMG_5191.jpeg

IMG_5110.jpeg

IMG_5112.jpeg

• Like 9

On 12/04/2023 at 22:53, tayste_2000 said:

I had a small stone the same as yours (also had a green muff that looked like it had been set on fire) the Small stone was by far the funkiest phaser I’ve ever played.

One of the few pedals of that type I miss.

Enjoy

Cheers mate yeah the small stone is a really nice sounding phaser for sure. I have a Phase 90, had the Phase 100 and Aguilar grape, and had the Boss PH2 before that, but this one has a more useful sound. The only issue is a slight volume drop on this one, not sure if that’s universal from unit to unit (I doubt it as they all vary depending on what was lying around the factory). They did the Small Stone in the same ridged box as the Tall Font Big Muff so I might pick one of those up if I see a good one. The Bassballs only came in the folded steel box. 

The Big Muff and Bassballs are a great double act. You probably couldn’t get two more different sounding effects. The muff sounds amazing with my Mustang, even though it has flats and I generally prefer distortion on lively roundwound basses for some lively grit and bite, but this pedal brings that along by itself - with the Mustang it falls over itself and cascades into a pillowy scattery mess which is just super satisfying.