Why become a member? ×

1971 Fender Precision Bass - *WITHDRAWN*
£3500
Hexham

walshy

Up for sale a beautiful 1971 Fender Precision, with added J,  in a super worn Olympic White, or Olympic Custard as it is now.

The bass was stripped in 1972 and then in 1973, so the story goes,  Bassdoc installed the Dimarzio Jazz pick up and the bass was refinished in the original colour. So, it's a refinish but 50 years old now so it's aged beautifully.

New RS pots were added ( I am pretty sure I have the original 71's too, I will check ) and the jack repositioned.

The bass has -
Original tuners
Original Bridge
Original Precision pick ups
Dimarzio Jazz added 1973
Pots are replacement RS pots, again in ‘73
5ply scratchplate.

40mm Nut

Weight 3.9kg
Old hard case included.

Truss rod works perfectly and the bass has mainly housed flats so the frets are pretty good too. It was the main bass of a local studio/theatre guy and I purchased it from the shop which sold it on his behalf.

Any trial welcome and courier is my preferred option which is £65 and normally a week wait. I am happy to meet somewhere to hand over too, but coffee and cake always available here should anyone want to come to Northumberland to check it out. I will get more pics of the 'engine room' over the weekend too. I withdrew this a while ago but it doesn't get the love it deserves so thought I would give it another whirl.

I am not looking for trades but you're welcome to try.

Edited by walshy
  • Like 16

• walshy changed the title to 1971 Fender Precision Bass withdrawn