Why become a member? ×

PRICE DROP now £250 - Yamaha RBX765A five string bass - *SOLD*
£275
Leicestershire

bassbiscuits

Hello,

Up for sale is my rather lovely 1999 Yamaha RBX765A five string bass, made in Taiwan. 

It’s 34” scale, active, two humbuckers, rosewood fingerboard etc and I suspect an alder body whose grain is visibly thru the translucent red finish. 

I bought this in January and have loved playing it - however my ongoing knackered shoulder seems to have other ideas and I’m going to keep looking for something lighter-weight.

Its not heavy by any means - pretty much bang on the 4kg mark on my electronic luggage scales. 

Same condition as when I bought it, as I’ve taken it to one rehearsal and no gigs yet. 
Was newly-string with roundwounds just before I bought it so they still have plenty of life in them. Currently set to medium/low action, and only minimal signs of any fretwear despite it being a 24-year-old bass. 

Comes with a functional and clean but quite tatty padded gigbag, and a Comfort Strapp in similar condition can be thrown in too if needed (alas it was too short for me). 

Not going to ship overseas, but happy to post at buyer’s cost or meet if practical. Or you’re more than welcome to try it out at my place at proper volume. 

NOW SOLD ELSEWHERE

Any questions, feel free to give us a shout. 

Cheers 

Edited by bassbiscuits
Edited for extra pics
  • Like 7

This one used to be mine and it's a killer bass - I only sold it due to a lovely 5-string Status coming up for purchase not long after I'd got the Yamaha. 😃

Bassbiscuits is a pleaseure to deal with, he's a genuine and lovely chap - highly recommended. 💯

RBX A22

The very bass under my ownership. I'm reasonably sure the first to play it will love it. 😀

• Like 2

• bassbiscuits changed the title to PRICE DROP now £250 - Yamaha RBX765A five string bass
  • bassbiscuits changed the title to SOLD now £250 - Yamaha RBX765A five string bass