Why become a member? ×

The Stinkray FINISHED

waynepunkdude

Re. chequered knobs - I've searched all over the net and can't find bugger all. There's dice ones , but that's my gag so keep off the grass!

Q Parts do loads that have coloured caps - enough colours to match your basses - not perfect but a thought.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='477722' date='May 2 2009, 02:38 PM']Re. chequered knobs - I've searched all over the net and can't find bugger all. There's dice ones , but that's my gag so keep off the grass!

Q Parts do loads that have coloured caps - enough colours to match your basses - not perfect but a thought.[/quote]

Sounds good Dave, I'll look into it and order some up :)

Thanks for the help Dave you're a gentleman.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='478050' date='May 3 2009, 02:35 AM']that looks pretty cool, any closeups of the finish? is it satin or gloss? looks very satiny... how did you do it?[/quote]

It's a satin finish, I just used cans of primer, paint , lacquer and a lot of elbow grease.

I'll get a close up, up later.

Nice "pain-free" pickup too.
ONly problem I have with MM pickups (older ones anyways they seem to have changed it now) is that the part where it sticks out for the screws cause your thumb to burn after resting on it a while.
This one doesn't have them.

Very green LOL!
How's it sound?

About the controls...Maybe a Q Parts chrome dome with a Pearl top [i]might[/i] go with the checkerboard.

Edited by Kongo