Why become a member? ×

NPD: Marshall Guvnor

uk_lefty

A long time ago I remember reading that the Marshall Guvnor is good for bass because of its EQ control. I was looking for a decent overdrive because I just can't get the exact sound I want from a drive, they either don't go far enough (the valve drive on my ABM 600) or they go too far with no sweet spot. I took a punt on a Guvnor to do the age old buy it second hand and if it doesn't fit sell it without loss. So far, I'm pleased with it. It gives a nice guitar like overdrive sound but there's a four band EQ onboard as well as gain and level dials. This pedal will be really useful for both fiercely driven sounds but also low gain volume boosts. I haven't played with the EQ much yet but so far I've got the bass on max, "deep" on about 70%, treble at about 20% and mids just under 50%. With the gain all the way up I'm getting a really nice guitar like overdrive sound but with all the low end intact and no piercing highs jumping out, as a lot of even bass drives can do often do. 

So far, so good!

16799134860285658933908723096582.jpg

• Like 3