Why become a member? ×

Fender rumble 2x10

Old Ozzie Guy

Hi all, anybody had much to do with Fender rumble 2x10 ? Any idear what their sensitivity is? In other words are they efficient, volume wise? Limited budget, unfortunately. I have an Ampeg Micro VR hd, and a Hartke HiDrive 112, but want more volume and spread , therefore vertical 4x10.. I was thinking of Ampeg svt 210av (X2), but a bit fearful,they won't b loud enough . Markbass 102 traveller, would b good, but (X2) would be over $2,300 AU.. Maybe Fender rumble 2x10 (X2)?. Can't seem to get any specs, even weight, let alone SPL, frequency res ,ECT. Alot of people seem to like rumble as  cheaper, pub usable cabs.. thank all

I had one of these for a time, a decent cab although I wasn't over-excited by it, I expected it to be more punchy that it was but that might be my playing! I also had a 1x15 which I though was better, a really decent unit. Can't help with the specs, but the 2x10 isn't heavy. It certainly did the job for a lot of pub gigs, and when used with a second 2x10 (which it paired very well with) or the 1x15 it can make plenty of noise.

I had the 500w 2x10 combo with the 1x15 ext cab for a few years. They're great VFM I think. The 2x10 will go loud, but in my opinion the drivers start to really sound like they're struggling at volume, like they're being pushed to their limits. Ultimately this is why I changed

Edited by TRBboy

9 hours ago, Old Ozzie Guy said:

Hi all, anybody had much to do with Fender rumble 2x10 ? Any idear what their sensitivity is? In other words are they efficient, volume wise?

There's not much sensitivity difference between different drivers. Where going loud is concerned that's a matter of excursion/displacement, which is pretty much a matter of price. Longer excursion/higher displacement drivers cost more than shorter excursion/lower displacement drivers. The only manufacturer I'm aware of that reveals displacement is Barefaced, which doesn't aid in making comparisons, since you don't know the displacement of other brands. But suffice it to say that no other brand exceeds Barefaced, and very few, if any, equal it. 

• Like 2