Why become a member? ×

Gig calendar embedded in Website - suggestions?

DrBike

I've been using Lemonrock for the past few years, with the main use being I can add gigs to the site and they're automatically picked up by the "Diary" page on our band website.

My Lemon rock subscription is up for renewal and it dawned on me that the only real benefit that I get from my £40 subscription is this.

I looked at using a Google Calendar but it looks pretty rubbish.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an easily editable calendar that can be embedded in a website?

With one of our bands, when we had a website for it as opposed to LR and FB, we originally had the LR calendar embedded, then we moved to a Google calendar in Agenda mode (any other view looked horrid). We eventually got rid of the website altogether, so the problem disappeared.

At the time, I did some research about embedding band calendars on web pages and my conclusion was that anything outside LR or Google isn't worth bothering with (YMMV etc.)

The advantage of using the LR calendar is that it will show not just your gigs but also your available and not available dates - if you bother keeping it up to date, which you really should do. When you say that you think all you get from your subscription is the calendar, you worry me! Are you using Lemonrock to its full potential? A fully up to date calendar plus three Youtube videos, three Soundcloud tracks (if you have any originals), an engaging band blurb/bio with clickable links to all the band's social media, the option to search for venues according to different criteria, and for venues and bookers to search for your band according to several different criteria, plus automatic mailings of gig lists to your area every Tuesday do get results if you use the system properly.

1 hour ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

The advantage of using the LR calendar is that it will show not just your gigs but also your available and not available dates - if you bother keeping it up to date, which you really should do. When you say that you think all you get from your subscription is the calendar, you worry me! Are you using Lemonrock to its full potential? A fully up to date calendar plus three Youtube videos, three Soundcloud tracks (if you have any originals), an engaging band blurb/bio with clickable links to all the band's social media, the option to search for venues according to different criteria, and for venues and bookers to search for your band according to several different criteria, plus automatic mailings of gig lists to your area every Tuesday do get results if you use the system properly.

I keep the gig dates up to date and the band info, set list etc. but I don't think we've ever had any enquiries via LR and although I know the gig s are included in the automatic mailings we probably get more engagement via Facebook in what's going on.

Edited by DrBike

Yes, we have had contacts on social media that probably originated on LR, plus we've had a reasonable number of proper gig offers via LR through the years. Some people who have seen us at a gig and later decided to book us have gone on LR to find our details and send us emails, as opposed to looking us up on FB etc.

Since £42 is a small sum, we're happy to keep our subscriptions up no matter what, but we've long done away with a website proper, as we decided it really isn't worth the candle for any of our covers bands (original bands are a totally different matter).

Edited by Silvia Bluejay