Why become a member? ×

F/S 1983 Squier JV Precision 57RI - *SOLD*
£995
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

1983 Squier 57RI Precison bass JV67XXX                                                               

If you can’t afford an original early Fender Precision bass, how about this one?  It’s a gorgeous 1983 JV serial numbered Squier Precision Bass, made in Japan to the specs/blueprint of pre-CBS Fender.

The bass has the classic reverse tuners with the small rivet holding the elephant ear, a bridge with threaded saddles and cloth-covered wiring.  The pickups have the raised pole pieces under the A string and that I think makes it a 57RI bass.

That having been said, the neck is lovely, quite shallow with a vintage feel without the width and ‘clubbiness’ of the 50s P basses. The nut width is 43mm.  The bass weighs in at 8lbs 6oz by my digital scales (3.8kgs in modern speak) so nice and light for those long gigs.

The bass is equipped with a clean, maple board, vintage frets and a nice low action. The truss rod has plenty of play. The bass comes with the extra BWB pickguard for that classic black/black/maple look.  The original white pickguard is of course included.  I believe everything on the bass to be original.

The bass has a couple of small scars that I have tried to photograph and that give it that 40-year old natural mojo.  This really is a lovely vintage-quality collectible bass for not much money.  Sorry no trades.

The bass comes with a hardcase that is also a little roadworn but functional and will protect the instrument.  I've tried to capture the dings, but the light scratches on the back elude me.  Gloss back is tricky to photograph.

Pickup is definitely preferred but I will also be happy to meet half way (within reason).  Last resort would be a courier.

Here are a few pics.  Let me know if you want any more detail on anything, or indeed if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking in.

#

Edited by ead
  • Like 6

• ead changed the title to SOLD 1983 Squier JV Precision 57RI