Why become a member? ×

The Acoustic growl in a box?

BassAgent

A while back I bought this Acoustic amp for a bargain:

VX0mRzW.jpg
And I totally dig it, except for two things:

-The weight is enormous, I think it weighs about 65 lbs
-I rarely play with an amp these days, and if I do I bring my Eich rig

I'm not selling it, but I am wondering if I can bring that typical Acoustic growl to the stage without having to break my back every time.

I was looking at two pedals:
one-control-blue-360-aiab-ng.jpg

ruxwbbglbsvuj1bkdrn3.jpg

Did anyone have the chance to compare these two, also to an original 360? The One Control is definitely a lot cheaper (about a third of the Dicosimo), easier available and smaller, while the Dicosimo has more options, has the Variamp knob and a DI out... I know that the "real" 360 sound also comes from that 18" Cerwin Vega speaker but still...

No idea as to how those two pedals performs compared to the real deal, but I do know the One Control stuff generally is awesome.

However what I also know is that the cab/speaker is a big part of the tone you get, so for it to work properly you would also need a decent IR loader (plenty of actually pretty great relatively cheap ones on the market (I recommend the big NUX Solid Studio one, amazing quality, and not just for the money)), and a proper IR cab sim file of that cab/speaker (which my guess is shouldn't be too hard to find either, since it's a pretty legendary amp/tone), to run "amp in a box" preamp into.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

7 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Ah yes but that would mean bringing a laptop to a show. My plan is to put this preamp on my pedal board and run it to the FOH.

No it wouldn't!

Look at my updated message above, plenty of great affordable pedal form IR loaders on the market.

See the one I suggested in my update of my message.

While mini pedal format ones exists too, and most of them would do a great job as well, the one I suggested is particularly great and offer the possibility to run higher quality IR files than most other pedals on the market, even considerably more expensive ones, and it functions as a DI too, and unlike a laptop has latency of under 1ms. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1