Why become a member? ×

Sterling by Musicman SB14 Candy apple red - *SOLD*
£400
Horsham West Sussex

Martin E

Now SOLD thanks everyone for your interest.

My SB14 is up for sale - in a nutshell a slightly downsized/more compact Stingray, lighter weight and with a slimmer 'jazz' neck. I've owned this from new and it's in great condition.

Candy apple red on a basswood body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets and 38mm nut, 34 inch scale. Truss rod adjustment with spoked wheel at heel end.

Ceramic MM pickup, three way switch giving series, parallel and single coil operation with hum cancelling phantom coil. Active pre amp with volume, treble, middle and bass controls – centre notched with boost and cut. Single 9v battery compartment. All the controls are noiseless and work as they should.

The bass weighs 8.6 lbs and is fitted with Marvel straplocks.

The bass is in great condition with no dings, dents or scratches. The only mark is a small chip just in the lacquer top coat by the jack socket which I have tried to photograph.

The maple neck has matured to a nice honey colour. There is a small amount of fret wear but it's worn flats most of its life so it's fairly minimal. The pickguard  has faded a little from white to an off white.

It's strung with a very mature set of TI flats, you'll either relish their tone or immediately want to bin them for something new.

Comes with it's correct gig bag which is also in great condition.

Collection only from Horsham I'm afraid where you are welcome to try out of course.

I have no case or packing so please don't ask if I can post. Sorry no trades either as I'm downsizing my collection.

Thanks for looking.

DSCF4398.jpg

DSCF4399.jpg

DSCF4401.jpg

DSCF4402.jpg

DSCF4404.jpg

DSCF4405.jpg

DSCF4407.jpg

DSCF4408.jpg

DSCF4409.jpg

DSCF4410.jpg

DSCF4411.jpg

DSCF4413.jpg

DSCF4414.jpg

Edited by Martin E
Sold
  • Like 10

• Martin E changed the title to Sterling by Musicman SB14 Candy apple red SOLD