Why become a member? ×

roland vb99

al embic

[quote name='al embic' post='473326' date='Apr 27 2009, 12:57 PM']just been looking at this bit of kit....some great functions.the musicman and ricki syms sound great...but i know i would never use this to it's full potential. what i'm wondering is why roland don't do a stomp style box with these syms onboard....[/quote]

Have a look at the older VBass which is a floor-based box.

[quote name='AM1' post='473346' date='Apr 27 2009, 01:22 PM']Have a look at the older VBass which is a floor-based box.[/quote]

cheers fella...i was thinking more about a single pedal that just did the musicman sound and a seperate pedal for the ricki sound..rather than all the other guff i will never wanna use....just think they would sell a ton of em!

The thing with the Vbass and the VB99 is that the processing is much more complex than a typical modeller, in as much as it individually processes each string through a dedicated pickup/preamp system. That's the expensive bit, so making individual pedals with only a few things in them would actually be really expensive and counter productive. Good idea though.

I should be getting a VB99 soon to review but I am an avid Vbasser. Going to the studio with it in a couple of weeks so will get some decent recordings and a video up too.

Cheers
ped