Why become a member? ×

Smallest 500+ watt head?

ukbassboy

On 28/02/2023 at 10:49, ukbassboy said:

The TecAmp Puma 900/Eich T900 seems to be the winner form-factor wise vs the various "block" incarnations. Presume the ICEpower 250ASX2 modules that Eich use are just a smaller profile. I did read that the tested output of the 900 is closer to 700w but that's more than enough for me! Will keep an eye out for a 900 on marketplace. 

Don’t think you can go far wrong with a puma, form factor is just as you wish, and the ‘taste’ control really gives some grind if you want. Definitely not bland in my humble opinion, but each to his own hey! My 900 and bb2 really is a one rig for all set up. Good luck with your search x 

• Like 2

On 28/02/2023 at 22:06, ukbassboy said:

The D-800 does look like a very nice amp, but from what I can tell availability on the new or used market in Europe is next to non-existent, so not something I can readily consider.

The AG700 uses the same ICEpower module and can be found used relatively regularly if that helps. A pal has a D800. I compared it to an AG700 and preferred the AG700 preamp, so got one.