Why become a member? ×

SOLS - Jazz Bitsa on 62 reissue MIJ body
£400
Wakefield

mikegatward

Next in line on the thinning down is this Roadworn Jazz bitsa

Body is a MIJ 62 reissue which has been refinished in cream over white. It's a nice enough roadworn effect with plenty of scop to add some more wear 🙂. Pickups are from a Geddy Lee MIJ. The cavity is well insulated with copper tape and there are brass shielding strips under the pickups. The brass strip to the bridge is purely cosmetic. Wiring loom and CTS pots came from KiOgon. Bridge is a Fender BBOT.

The neck is an Allparts jazz neck I bought from a guy in the US who does the roadworn effect. It's really nicely done. Tuners came with the neck and I think are Gotoh but can't be 100% sure. The fender decal I added isn't the best of jobs in terms of the laquer over the top.

She weighs in at 9lb 2oz on the digi scales

It plays really well. The action is nicely low but my jazz bass needs are well catered for with others. 

Would rather do collection on this as I've no case for it, but happy to drop off or do a halfway meet within 1.5 hours or so of Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

I've priced at £400 after looking at recent bitsa prices with similar quality parts

Not looking for trades at this point. I would consider splitting the neck and the body for £200 apiece if there is interest.  

Edited by mikegatward
Sold
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • mikegatward changed the title to SOLS - Jazz Bitsa on 62 reissue MIJ body