Why become a member? ×

Cheap headphones from Lidl

DTB

16 hours ago, DTB said:

Fed up with our second pair of Beats falling apart and the ear cups shedding material straight after warranty running out I bought a pair of Silvercrest over ear headphones from Lidl for £29. Expecting them to be just okay at best and they are superb. Easily as good as any other bluetooth headphones I’ve owned. They are also rechargeable so no batteries to mess about with and unbelievably they have very good noise cancellation which can be switched on or off. They also have a cable facility should you prefer plugging in and the slight increase in fidelity that brings. 
So if anyone is looking for a cheap but excellent pair of headphones then head to Lidl. I’m going back to buy another couple of pairs, one for wife to replace her beats and a pair to leave in the bunker. 

Do they come with a Bluetooth transmitter or on their own?

15 hours ago, itu said:

So sorry, @DTB, my bad. I do have chinese products, too, because as said, lots of electronics are made there. Like my work phone.

I try to find and support local. Not an easy task at all. But we are getting better, and there are already some possibilities.

(Last time I bought headphones, they were 2nd hand. Head. Something.)

Me too, I bought my powerchair from a local retailer rather than buy from an online retailer, but even though it was marketed as UK company, it’s made in China. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTB said:

Me too, I bought my powerchair from a local retailer rather than buy from an online retailer, but even though it was marketed as UK company, it’s made in China. 

I bought my Mini range cooker from an English company Made in England.

It has Italian burners and who knows what else. At least it's a bit closer to Rome err I mean home.

Rome wasn't built in a day you know

It wasn't built by Romans either 😂

15 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Yep. A fashion product and absolute sh1te. Not remotely comparable with reputable brands - Sennheiser, AKG, Beyer, Grado, Sony, etc.

See it just shows how we all have different views. The headphone cable that was sucked up by the hoover (wasn`t me Guv) were a set of Beats that cost £69. I preferred them to my £150 Audio technica phones and Sennheiser`s that were around the same price as the AT`s. The other 2 were better for listening to music but I always preffered the Beats for bass playing duties.

But in the spirit of keeping Big Jeff B in smoking jackets and strawberry bon bon`s, I have ordered a set of the cheapo headphones mentioned earlier in the thread. We will see what happens.