Why become a member? ×

greghagger

There are so many great Rolling Stones hits but there is one tune that they have played the most frequently at their live gigs - Jumpin' Jack Flash.

This is another one of those songs where the bass line is rarely played like the original when covered by bands. I think this is in part due to confusion with the different guitar riffs and the fact that the bass part is 'buried in the mix' for a lot of the song.

I can still remember years ago getting up and 'blagging' this bass line at a mate's gig after a few beers. I definitely didn't play the original bass line but whatever I played, it seemed to work!

So, to continue with the British Blues theme from last week, I've made a lesson on the Jumpin' Jack Flash bass line and written a full transcription, which is as close to the original bass line as I could get it.

Find out more in my latest YouTube lesson where you can also download the transcription. 

Watch out for my Jumpin' Jack Flash play-though video on Tuesday where you can see me jamming with the original song, this time playing the actual bass line!

https://youtu.be/2ss49qoiJhE