Why become a member? ×

Cuts to your bass fingers

Twunkbass

1 hour ago, KingBollock said:

I remember once, many years ago, I had taken some go faster powder and picked up a (skinny string) guitar and decided to learn a bunch of Pearl Jam songs. I played for twelve hours straight. Afterwards, my fingers were so sore that I couldn’t play, guitar or bass, for over two weeks. And I forgot everything I learned that night.

We used to do that kind of thing (not pj songs tho).. only we'd record what we did so as to be able to reclaim it later 😁

Just remembered about these things:

5BDC0304-3382-46DC-AC3E-33BDE56EC346.thumb.jpeg.44ac8772fcf7a839a68f9a522e899da0.jpeg

I have got some that were thrown in, for free, with pick sets and a Kalimba. I have never tried playing bass with them, though. I find them useful when model making with a scalpel (I am very, very clumsy!).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/guitar-finger-protectors/

Edited by KingBollock

I couldn't do anything with funny finger stalls or gloves on.. I tried the latex gloves a couple of times when doing filthy mechanical jobs (as many of the car guys do) I ripped them off after a minute or so as I found I couldn't feel what I was doing, they were just more annoying than useful. 

2 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

I couldn't do anything with funny finger stalls or gloves on.. I tried the latex gloves a couple of times when doing filthy mechanical jobs (as many of the car guys do) I ripped them off after a minute or so as I found I couldn't feel what I was doing, they were just more annoying than useful. 

I know what you mean. I am terrible for not wearing ear or hand protection when using power tools. I like to be able to hear or feel if something starts to go wrong. Which is all well and good until I go deaf or lose a finger…

I do use latex gloves when using an airbrush, though.

1 hour ago, KingBollock said:

Just remembered about these things:

5BDC0304-3382-46DC-AC3E-33BDE56EC346.thumb.jpeg.44ac8772fcf7a839a68f9a522e899da0.jpeg

I have got some that were thrown in, for free, with pick sets and a Kalimba. I have never tried playing bass with them, though. I find them useful when model making with a scalpel (I am very, very clumsy!).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/guitar-finger-protectors/

I ordered two sets from different UK suppliers last Saturday, neither set had turned up yet.