Why become a member? ×

1988 Warwick thumb NT5 price dropped £2250 - *SOLD*
£2500
Gosport

Bassman666

Hi everyone, decided to see if there's any interest in my 1988 Nt5 thumb bass. This is such an awesome bass, with that typical thumb growl. It has a very slim and playable neck. Has the original emg pickups with a 2 band eq. She's a heavy old girl at 11.3lbs. Everything works as it should, there is some wear to be expected with a 34 year old bass! It has some light surface scratches, some discolouration to the lower body edge, some paint wear to the bridge and the emg pickup logos have almost rubbed off. There is also what looks like some glue or insert near to the nut, I got this bass from the original owner who said it was like this from new. It is an amazing bass and none of the above detract from how it plays etc. 

Cash sale ideally, may take a part ex plus cash but would need to be a minimum of £1k cash. Comes with an old, fitted and very heavy flight case to keep it safe. Collection/meet up much preferred due to the value however could post at buyers cost/risk. Any more pictures or info feel free to ask, I've priced it fairly going on other similar basses I've found online (most of which are up for alot more!) . I'm happy to discuss price with any interested buyers. Thanks

received_893222735402853.jpeg

received_510653851155744.jpeg

received_485616620394679.jpeg

received_1237937346790098.jpeg

received_2329563027208938.jpeg

received_677635004146051.jpeg

received_2032240326972837.jpeg

received_706970744404090.jpeg

received_3328168167422865.jpeg

received_394241769587462.jpeg

DSC_1330.JPG

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 13

Awesome bass! Looks like an Afzelia body like my 87 JD Thumb. 

These basses have the best necks you are ever likely to fund- to give that sine perspective, I've owned nearly 80 basses including other high end Warwicks, Wals, Ritters, Lulls etc

• Like 1

I had the 87 version with the integrated Schaller bridge, easily the best Warwick Thumb made, sold it when I thought I'd given up playing but actually hadn't...

Just out of idle curiosity, what trades might you be interested in?

3 hours ago, WinterMute said:

I had the 87 version with the integrated Schaller bridge, easily the best Warwick Thumb made, sold it when I thought I'd given up playing but actually hadn't...

Just out of idle curiosity, what trades might you be interested in?

Trade wise not really after anything in particular as it'll probably end up being sold on. But would consider a trade as part payment as its obviously quite a lot of money to stump up :)

16 minutes ago, WinterMute said:

Do you know what changes were made to the control cavity? That plate doesn't look factory standard for a thumb, or was it like that when you got it?

As far as I know its factory. I'll get a picture of the inside of the cavity. There is a Warwick stamp on the lower of that cover that you can see in the photo (although it's partly faded/rubbed off). I've seen others of this age and they looked to have the same cover. It's held on with captive nuts and screws rather than wood screws and it all looks original to me 

Edited by Bassman666
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bassman666 said:

As far as I know its factory. I'll get a picture of the inside of the cavity. There is a Warwick stamp on the lower of that cover that you can see in the photo (although it's partly faded/rubbed off). I've seen others of this age and they looked to have the same cover. It's held on with captive nuts and screws rather than wood screws and it all looks original to me 

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

The cover is identical to the one on my 1988 Thumb NT 5.

You're both entirely correct, I'd gotten used to the more modern version, my 87 had the same arrangement.

DSC_0033.thumb.JPG.f0f3438a2b1bff0c7db5560455637c9a.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bassman666 changed the title to SOLD 1988 Warwick thumb NT5 price dropped £2250