Why become a member? ×

Carlsbro Delta Bass Amp

cd_david

Anyone else got one? I’m after an internal picture please? 
Mine needed some repairs and was Dismantled, come the time to put it back together the pictures appear to be corrupt and cant Be opened 🙄

the multi plugs are fine and only go to one location each. It’s the other plugs (power) I need their locations on the main board please 

E9292CF0-EFAD-42DE-99D1-C91FC236DB0C.jpeg

It's hard to see on the pics but to me that looks like a split rail supply. The rectifier bridge is to the right of the transformer and there is a positive and negative lead sheathed in black going up to the main board between the two fuses on the left. there is another lead running from the transformer that runs up to connect between them and you can just make out the track beneath the board which is the centre/earth rail.

This isn't gospel, I'm just saying that is where I would be looking. 

If you don't understand any bit of that then it is probably sensible to pass this on to someone else. The electric shock you might get off those smoothing capacitors ( the big black things) will be much worse than any mains shock and in rare cases are capable of stopping your heart. I can't see any sign of a bleed circuit so they will retain their charge for some time even if the amp is switched off and unplugged from the mains.

Please be careful, this is not a trivial job, blowing the amp is the least of your worries.

• Like 1

Heed Phil's advice above, please and take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

I'd also suggest that anyone who does know what they're talking about does not give advice on here. I don't wish to appear unhelpful, but encouraging someone who does not know what they are doing to poke around inside an amp is potentially dangerous.

Might it be worth contacting Carlsbro themselves? Not sure how many of the people who work there now would be familiar with the Delta stuff, since they're 25 years old at this point, but might be worth a try.

Failing that, Chris May at Overwater was involved in the design of the Delta range, and may know people who have worked on them before. 

• Like 1