Why become a member? ×

ACG Graft J-Type £850 - *SOLD*
£850
Reading/London

HoorayForAnonyms

Here we have an ACG from Alan's Graft range which I believe he no longer offers. It's a fantastic passive bass that covers a lot of tonal ground. I've been so pleased with it that I commissioned a 5-string medium scale version with the same pick-up arrangment hence the sale. It's just too similar to the new one and not getting the attention it deserves.

I've owned it from new and bought directly from Alan at ACG. It's never been gigged and seen home use only; and is in excellent overall condition. There is one very small dink that I've tried to capture in the pictures. I've also included a picture of what looks like some indentations but are actually imperfections in the alder body that were there when built; these are under the lacquer and perfectly smoothed over. They just look like indentations in the picture! Everything else is in perfect working order; truss rod, pots etc.

I also asked Alan to include an ebony-topped ramp that can be easiliy removed if you'd prefer. It's attached using doubled-sided tape.

It's been recently set-up by Andrew at Anaconda Basses who also makes some brilliant instruments. I had Andrew fit a brass nut several years ago too. Currently strung with a set of Thomastik Jazz Flats but happy to change for a string of your choice before shipping. It sounds lovely with flats though!

I’m happy to courier and the price quoted includes shipping. Also happy for you to collect from Reading or London. 

• Scale length: 34”
  • Body: Alder with White Limba top
  • Neck: 3 piece maple (asymetric)
  • Fingerboard: A very thick slab of rosewood with zero radius
  • Pickup: ACG SB bridge and ACG PB neck (think P-bass!)
  • Electronics: Volume, 4-way selector (front coil, both series, both parallel, back coil), tone
  • Hardware: Hipshot B-style bridge and Gotoh tuners
  • Weight: 7lbs 6oz (3.4kgs).
  • Case: A Thomann branded hardcase in new condition for shipping or a Sandberg soft case depending on your preference

A link to Alan's website for this bass:

https://acguitars.co.uk/project/g012jtype5/

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and you're more than welcome to come and try it out.

I'm hoping for a straight sale but may be open to trades for a short scale with cash from me if needed. Some short scales that are high on my list include:

• Another ACG but a shortie
  • Nordstrand Acinonyx
  • Spector Bantam
  • Lakland Hollowbody
  • Musicman Stingray with a wad a cash from me!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg