Why become a member? ×

Geddy scratchplate

dmccombe7

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

I never really measured the height ,I just setup with the lowest action possible but a shop once asked so I bought a gauge and 1.5 at the 12th is my maximum i like, a friend of mine who is a really great player has 3mm and I find his basses hard work to play 

Think a lot depends on how you play. If you have a light touch with your plucking hand its easy to have a low action. Altho my VM4 arrived with 1.5mm and i was able to play at home with a light touch i found when i gigged i could hear a little fret buzz and adjusted action up to just under 2mm and i'm quite happy with that. I now aim for 2mm but my P bass is just under 2.5mm i think at 12th fret. I can live with it but i know a decent luthier could get it better for me. I think the nut end is also a little high but i've not looked into that bit as yet. It just feels a little high at first few frets 1-3.

Dave

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

Holy crap, that could get messy pretty quickly! 🤣

Too late its done now lets see what happens. It'll end up another P v J thread again i bet 😂

Sometimes its nice to cast a line and see who bites first :laugh1:

Dave

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Too late its done now lets see what happens. It'll end up another P v J thread again i bet 😂

Sometimes its nice to cast a line and see who bites first :laugh1:

Dave

Have you considered neck relief and fret wire/fretless type 😂🤣

Edited by Eric.C.Lapton
  • Haha 1