Why become a member? ×

Squier "FSR" basses, purely cosmetic?

Waddo Soqable

Wondering about the  FSR "Fender special run" so called, are these just batches of non standard colour combinations or do they have some kind of extra level of quality control too? 

I'm talking about the cheaper Squier p bass type things rather than Fender badged stuff. The FSR from what I can see seem to be China made as opposed to the Indonesian manufacture of the regular cheapo types... 

48 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Wondering about the  FSR "Fender special run" so called, are these just batches of non standard colour combinations or do they have some kind of extra level of quality control too? 

I'm talking about the cheaper Squier p bass type things rather than Fender badged stuff. The FSR from what I can see seem to be China made as opposed to the Indonesian manufacture of the regular cheapo types... 

Which model/models are you referring to? Any Squier FSR I've seen has always been a standard instrument in a limited run finish. The FSR Bass VI, Jaguars and Jazzmasters that Andertons usually have are made in the same factory as the standard models.

17 minutes ago, Jono Bolton said:

Which model/models are you referring to? Any Squier FSR I've seen has always been a standard instrument in a limited run finish. The FSR Bass VI, Jaguars and Jazzmasters that Andertons usually have are made in the same factory as the standard models.

That's kind of what I suspected, I'm meaning the squier pj bass in 'orrible geen. The only diff I could deduce being the MIC rather than MII that the standard ones are (not that I'm disparaging the Indonesian built stuff I've had MII instruments that were excellent ! )