Why become a member? ×

NBD - Another mustang

Jean-Luc Pickguard

Isn't modern logistics great when it works. I ordered a Black JMJ mustang online just before 3pm yesterday and it was delivered safely just before 11.30am this morning. Two thumbs up for PMT & Parcelforce for this one.

The bass came out of the gigbag perfectly set up with the stock Fender flats. It has an MX22 serial and its a very slight disappointment that Fender are still supplying a long scale gigbag rather than a short scale one. I had heard that an extra black pickguard was supplied with these when they were first available, but I wasn't sure whether that was just for the first batch of black ones, so It was fantastic to find one tucked in the gigbag pocket — I'll probably swap it over at some point.

It has pretty much the same feel and tone as my 2018 blue JMJ. I had to smile at the inclusion of a document titled 'lacquer finishes: Precautions and care' though.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Isn't modern logistics great when it works. I ordered a Black JMJ mustang online just before 3pm yesterday and it was delivered safely just before 11.30am this morning. Two thumbs up for PMT & Parcelforce for this one.

The bass came out of the gigbag perfectly set up with the stock Fender flats. It has an MX22 serial and its a very slight disappointment that Fender are still supplying a long scale gigbag rather than a short scale one. I had heard that an extra black pickguard was supplied with these when they were first available, but I wasn't sure whether that was just for the first batch of black ones, so It was fantastic to find one tucked in the gigbag pocket — I'll probably swap it over at some point.

It has pretty much the same feel and tone as my 2018 blue JMJ. I had to smile at the inclusion of a document titled 'lacquer finishes: Precautions and care' though.

Still only supplying the standard gigbag? That’s a bit disappointing, but any bag is better than none at all. I do think they should have supplied the black p/g on both black and blue finishes.

25 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I have a couple of the Fender mustang bass hardcases and one of the discontinued Fender short scale 'urban' gigbags, so the one that came with this bass is unlikely to be used. I think a nice torty pickguard might have been a worthwhile alternative for the daphne blue one.

I picked up a nice Protection Racket shorty gig bag from these very pages recently, so I'm sorted really, but Fender should make more of an effort given the price of the JMJ.

• Like 1