Why become a member? ×

Keeley Bassist Compressor

dmccombe7

52 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

Ok further update mines going back 

Ive noticed a faint noise when the compressor @ releases the signal IE Led goes red to green 

Very minor but it’s present and I’ve eliminated the power supply and tried batteries 

Such a shame as I liked it fine up to then !! 

For a £200 compressor I expected better 

Oooh that's not good. Mine is perfectly silent. Sorry to hear about this. Every company will have the occasional problem and perhaps you've just been unlucky.

Dave

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Oooh that's not good. Mine is perfectly silent. Sorry to hear about this. Every company will have the occasional problem and perhaps you've just been unlucky.

Dave

It’s silent in operation as long as Red led is lit ( threshold met ) it’s when it flips from Red to Green there is a tiny bit of static noise present. 

I think at loud volumes it would be noticeable ie sustaining a long note as it dwells etc 

Can someone try theirs to see if they hear the same ? 

45 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Checked mine and its totally silent. No matter what I do with it there's no noise. Here's my settings. 20230226_160150.thumb.jpg.dc9d6be4cbf3e000efd3dc7ca6509399.jpg

So if you see the Led go from Red to green you hear no “ noise” ??

Its very subtle but on mine it’s there for sure and I’m guessing it’s faulty 

• Like 1

Could it perhaps be a signal chain buffering issue? I sometimes had bother with other non true bypass pedals and faulty patch cables having an effect on the sound. Though I appreciate that if the pedal is the only thing in the chain then the fault is likely with the pedal.

3 minutes ago, thodrik said:

Could it perhaps be a signal chain buffering issue? I sometimes had bother with other non true bypass pedals and faulty patch cables having an effect on the sound. Though I appreciate that if the pedal is the only thing in the chain then the fault is likely with the pedal.

Yes only the Keeley in use 

I think it’s faulty perhaps 

3 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

Yes only the Keeley in use 

I think it’s faulty perhaps 

Sounds like it. That is rotten luck. 

I once got a faulty Trace Elliot combo. Completely died under warranty. Sent it to TE for repair. Got sent a brand new unit with a repair slip for old one containing four words ‘Cause of fault: death’.

Hopefully you get it sorted or a refund.

Edited by thodrik
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BassAdder60 said:

So if you see the Led go from Red to green you hear no “ noise” ??

Its very subtle but on mine it’s there for sure and I’m guessing it’s faulty 

Absolutely nothing when going from red to green or green to red or switching on/off.

Could you post a vid clip of it so we can hear what you're hearing.

Dave.

Just now, dmccombe7 said:

Absolutely nothing when going from red to green or green to red or switching on/off.

Could you post a vid clip of it so we can hear what you're hearing.

Dave.

I doubt a phone would pick it up as it’s low in sound and approx 1 sec of noise 

• Like 1

Going to try it at rehearsal this week as it’s so minor if only just detectable it may be something else ?

At volume with the band will be the full test ..

I do like it a lot as it’s neutral sounding and the threshold Red led is a great feature to enable setting 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

I’ve messaged Keeley in the USA and they are checking 

see video of issue ?? 

I’ve alerted the store too

Have a listen, do you guys hear it ? 

Listen when it goes Red to Green 

IMG_3927.MOV 31.54 MB · 0 downloads  

Yep i hear it. Its like a slight hiss as it turns red to green. I dont get that on mine and i tried mine at a decent volume at home just to check for you. I dont think it would be noticed in a band set up but it would annoy me that something isn't right and if something is failing now you dont know how or if that will worsen as time goes on.

Dave

13 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Yep i hear it. Its like a slight hiss as it turns red to green. I dont get that on mine and i tried mine at a decent volume at home just to check for you. I dont think it would be noticed in a band set up but it would annoy me that something isn't right and if something is failing now you dont know how or if that will worsen as time goes on.

Dave

Thanks Dave 

Ive reported it to Keeley and my local store so I think a replacement will be called for 

• Like 2

From what i read about Keeley they are a very well respected company and hopefully your dealer will simply replace under warranty.

I wouldn't want a repair done either. As its new you are entitled to a replacement unit.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Dave

• Like 1

Ok Keeley have heard the video and noise. It’s gone to engineering for review but definitely looks incorrect 

They said they would respond in 24hrs 

I’m pleased as it will mean a new correct replacement from the store 

Edited by BassAdder60
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BassAdder60 said:

Ok Keeley have heard the video and noise. It’s gone to engineering for review but definitely looks incorrect 

They said they would respond in 24hrs 

I’m pleased as it will mean a new correct replacement from the store 

That's good news and seems like a quick response to you as well. Fingers crossed you have a replacement soon. Think its worth sticking with the Keeley as they do seem to make good gear but like everything electronic you will get a faulty unit once in a while. Yours must have been a Mon morning hangover unit. :laugh1:

Good luck

Dave

• Thanks 1