Why become a member? ×

1974 Fender Precision Bass in Sunburst, Rosewood Board. - *SOLD*
£2250
Skipton, North Yorkshire.

pembroke151

1974 Fender Precision Bass - Sunburst.

Another reluctant sale due to some building work I have to get done at home.

This is a great player, lovely tone with some typical looks from the era.  The finish is so thin on top of a finished natural body.  I played this as my main bass for a very long time, lovely feel and a very typical tone for the 70’s Fenders.

4KG. On the nose. (According to my Amazon Basics luggage scale)

Pickups - Rewound by Iain’s Guitar Repairs in Glasgow, about 5 years ago.  The old windings completely gave up on one side so this had to be done.

Paint - Tired?  It’s a very thin finish.

Frets - Good.  Original.

Neck - Lacquered and in good straight condition, truss rod works fine.

Pots - I replaced the tone pot when I first bought the bass, it was far too noisy, I kept the old one in case.

Scratchplate - I don’t think this is the original, unless Fender sourced them from somewhere else in the 70’s??  It’s correct as black but not badged as a Fender product.  Looks the part though.  There’s also a Fender original replacement included, in 60’s tortoise shell.

Tuners - Original.

Pickup and Bridge covers, original and all present and correct, including the thumb rest.  I don’t have screws for the pickup cover, but these can be sourced easily enough.

Case - Pretty poor quality item, not original but will suffice.

Shipping - Arrange it yourself, I can get good guitar boxes through my job so the bass will be well packed but I’d rather collect, drop off, meet up etc, just for safety.

No trades please, I need the money.

These basses are becoming so much more collectable and expensive these days, this one is very playable and LIGHT, some of them, (I’ve had a few) are very heavy and numb, this one not so.  It’s a good one.  Nearly 50 years old.  Like Me. (I’m a 74 too)

IMG_7249.jpeg

IMG_7250.jpeg

IMG_7251.jpeg

IMG_7252.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg

IMG_7254.jpeg

IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg

IMG_7259.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7261.jpeg

IMG_7262.jpeg

IMG_7263.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7266.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

IMG_7269.jpeg

IMG_7270.jpeg

IMG_7271.jpeg

IMG_7272.jpeg

IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7274.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

Edited by pembroke151
The bass has sold.
  • Like 12

• pembroke151 changed the title to 1974 Fender Precision Bass in Sunburst, Rosewood Board. THIS HAS NOW BEEN SOLD